TADKA DAL SPICE KIT (4 meals in one kit)
(Perfect for Vegetarians/Vegans)
1) FRESH INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
2) What is included in the SPICEKIT:
- SPICEMRKT (Mixed Lentils) 200g
- SPICEMRKT DAL SPICE BLEND
- SPICEMRKT WHOLE SPICE PACK FOR TADKA
1. Soak the dal(0.5 cup) in water for 1-2 hours, minimum.
2. Add 1.5 cups of water and the dal to a pot and let it boil over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Check if the dal is soft, continue boiling if not. Keep this aside.
3. Heat up 3 tbsp of oil in a separate pan/pot, add dry spice pack and cook for 30 seconds. Add the diced onions, and brown them. Next, add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add 1 tbsp of dal fry spice blend and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Then add the diced tomatoes and cook them through. Add the cooked dal, simmer for 5 minutes. Add water if you like your dal watery. Season to taste and garnish with chopped coriander.
5. Goes great with steamed rice and your prefered indian bread, enjoy your home-made Dal Tadka!
No time? Soak for 20 minutes
and cook the dal using a presure cooker
for 3-4 whistles over medium heat.